My name is Lynette and I'm a Music Based Life Form.
No, I'm not 12-stepping to get over it. I'm bragging. I love being a MBLF and I love to share my music finds. That's why I've started this blog - to share my obsession.
Perhaps I should start with a definition. A MBLF is not necessarily a great musician. I've known some who have no talent in creating music at all. I, personally, am solidly an amateur when it comes to creation. I've also known folks with professional grade abilities who were decidedly not MBLFs. So, a Music Based Life form is a person who requires music in their life. Signs of a MBLF include:
1) They surround themselves with music constantly.
2) They have trouble focusing on conversation if there is a good song in the background.
3) They will unconsciously tap their foot or move their hips to background music even if they are focused on the conversation.
5) They are constantly forcing their friends to listen to the new music they've discovered.
6) While they may have a favored genre of music, they tend to like a wide variety of genres.
There is more, but this is a good enough start to give you an idea.
So, in this blog, I'll be sharing things that I've found, blathering about concerts/shows I've seen and giving my opinions on musical trends. Keep in mind everything here is my own opinion and is not meant to force anyone to agree with me. I welcome discussion, but request that there be no poo-flinging. At this point, I've no idea how often I will post. I'll try for once a week at the minimum. We'll just have to see how it goes.