Monday, April 23, 2012

Willie Nelson

I'm not terribly vocal about it, but I'm definitely a fan of Willie Nelson.  He doesn't have the greatest voice in the world, but he knows how to use what he has to his best advantage.  He writes good songs and he covers good song.  He is probably my favorite C&W performer (Johnny Cash being his only rival for the #1 spot in my heart).  So, today I was listening to KXT on the way to work and they played a song off his upcoming album for New Music Monday.  I nearly squeed when I realized what he was covering:

Why, yes, that is a Pearl Jam Song.  Bit of a mind-bender, no?  Want an even bigger mind-bender?  I went to his website and read up on the new album.  Among the artists he recorded with is Snoop Dogg.  Yeah, that one was hard to digest.  Other artists on the album are Merle Haggard, Cheryl Crow, Kris Kristoferson and his sons Lukas and Micah.  It's not going to be out until May 15.  Guess what I'm going to be purchasing on May 15.

So, here's some of my other favorite Willie songs.  I suspect you've heard most of them, but I still want to share.


(Oh, and I can play this on ukulele now.  Hee!)



Two great musicians who sound great together. 



Okay, I'll stop there, or I'll be linking to a bajillion songs.  Although, there is still "Pancho and Lefty" and "Crazy" and....

No comments:

Post a Comment