Sunday, October 9, 2011

Good Music Day

Well, I'm just all sorts of posty this weekend.

Yesterday turned out to be a very good music day.  After seeing the Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga video I decided I wanted the album.  I also wanted the Neon Trees album after seeing them Thursday.  So, it was off to Best Buy to get rid of some of my discretionary funds.  Aside from those two albums - Duets II and Habits respectively - I also picked up the new Lady Gaga album, Born This Way.  Got the special edition with the second disc full of remixes.  The country remix of "Born This Way" is...interesting.  In a good way.

And then last night we went to see Tim Minchin.  For those who don't know, Mr. Minchin is an Australian, currently living in London, England, who does comedic ditties and stand up.  He is an incredible pianist as well. At one point he had us laughing just from the way he played a very complicated piece.  Did the whole show barefoot, which contrasted nicely with the tie (in my opinion).  Funny as hell, too. 

So, I suppose an example would be nice.  This is the piece he opened with.  There is strong language.


And, yes, that's his real hair. 

This piece is one of his best known.  So much so, that only 4 people in the audience didn't know it.  Which means you lose some of the impact of the joke, but it's still a funny song.



No comments:

Post a Comment