Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sweet Emotion

Being a MBLF, I often respond very emotionally to songs.  Sometimes it's the lyrics and sometimes it's the music itself, but there are a few that are going to get me every time. 

"The Hallelujah Chorus" - it's the musicality of this one.  Especially if I'm singing it (alto part).  The way this song is put together seriously energizes me.  I'm not Christian, but I can still feel all the hope and joy that the resurrection of Christ meant for Handel.

"Leader of the Band" by Dan Fogelberg - It doesn't matter how many times I hear this song, it makes me tear up.  Just thinking about it right now is affecting my tear ducts.  I guess it's all the love and respect tied up into this song that does it.

"I Will Posses Your Heart" by Death Cab for Cutie - This song totally creeps me out.  I think it's the mix of really good music with the scary stalker lyrics.  I cannot listen to this song and will change the radio every time it comes on.  I'm sure this is not the reaction they were hoping for, but that's where it hits me.  Which is a pity, because I really like the other music I've heard out of them.

"God is a DJ" by Pink - this is one of quite a number of songs that make me want to dance.  And I will, every time I hear it.  Even if I'm in a public place where dancing isn't acceptable, I'll at the very least start moving my hips.  I am definitely the iPod commercial with this one.

And then there is this song.  It makes me energized, want to dance, and cry all at the same time.  I think the latter is Drew Barrymore's fault*, because I'm definitely not a baseball fan.


*Fever Pitch.  A movie about a relationship between a girl, a guy and the baseball team he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment